Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, weve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, & do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: May 17th or June 7th
Youll be joining the Product Analytics team who is focused on shaping product strategy with data-informed decisions. We help develop, track, & provide insights on product KPIs that feed into our higher level business initiatives. We work with all product disciplines, UX research, design, marketing, & product management to help plan the long-term product roadmap & prioritize projects based on our KPIs.
Were looking for a candidate that wants to use statistics & data analytics to understand customer behavior & drive product development. You like tying together analytics insights with qualitative research like customer quotes, UX design, & business initiatives to paint the bigger picture. Youre a team player that can simplify & communicate analytical & statistical concepts to non-technical audiences. And youre not afraid to suggest new ideas & come up with experiments based on your findings.
What youll do:
- Work with a product team to help identify opportunities, assess their potential business impact, & define success metrics, helping your product manager prioritize projects
- Build data dashboards (using Looker) that tell a story about your insights & how it connects to your product domains KPIs
- Analyze project outcomes relative to your success metrics & provide actionable recommendations to your product team
- Develop presentations to communicate your findings, results, & impact on projects to your product team
- Deepen your knowledge of analytics tools such as SQL, Google Analytics, & data visualization
Wed love to hear from you if you have:
- Part of S.T.E.M program in school such as Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Research, Information Systems, Engineering or Business
- Some experience working with data using SQL
- Some experience with data visualization
- Strong analytical, reasoning, & problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to distill, translate, & communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to develop strong collaborative partnerships with business, research, & design stakeholders
- Bonus: Familiar with statistical concepts such as A/B & Multivariate Testing, p-values, sample sizes, & normal distributions
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.