Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals & shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product & in our team.
If this sounds like you, youll fit right in.
Were looking for a Senior IT Support Engineer with proven experience in an entrepreneurial, startup, or enterprise setting. The best candidates will combine exemplary white-glove customer support skills with the type of creative tenacity necessary to solve problems in a fast-paced iterative environment. This role will be responsible for technical escalations in one or two technical domains, be able to lead by example where best practices like timely & transparent communication, documentation, & tech advocacy are concerned, & will have a well-rounded skill set in all the competencies that support IT in an office environment. Experience with mentorship, software training, & Design/UX a big plus.
What you'll do
- 50% of your time youll be owning the deployment, support, & maintenance of:
- Hardware/Software on OS X & Windows systems.
- Office Phone System & Devices
- Wired & Wireless Network
- Office A/V Equipment for Remote Meetings & Events
- 50% of your time youll be on point for:
- Core Application Lifecycle - owning all aspects of a software tool from scoping to sunset
- Identifying opportunities for improving our current systems & taking action to bring those improvements to life
- Codifying & delivering opportunities to raise the technical acumen of the IT team & those we support
- Technical escalations within the IT team
Who you are
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional IT Support experience
- High level of professionalism & communication
- Independent ability to research technical problems & solutions
- Expert-level skill in at least one of the following
- TCP/IP Networking - troubleshooting, feature improvements, enthusiasm for research & monitoring
- DevOps-style delivery pipelines - Virtualized *nix infrastructure, web/app development, scripting in shell, Ruby, or Python
- SQL for database architecture/management or queries
- Agile Product Management as it applies to modern software development
- Configuration Management using common tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc
- API integrations & custom scripts
- SaaS Application Administration