About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Role:
The Inventory Operations team optimizes inventory procurement by driving operational strategy & efficiency while remaining a platform of choice for our brands. A key pillar of this strategy is ensuring we have systems & processes to support our inventory lifecycle as we scale.
As the Senior Analyst of Inventory Operations, you will (1) own KPIs to drive meaningful improvements, (2) map out workflows, create new processes where there are none, optimize the usage of existing tools & systems, & (3) project manage cross-functional strategic initiatives. You will report to the Senior Manager of Inventory Operations & work cross-functionally with Buying, Site Merchandising, Operations, Transportation, & Engineering. The ideal candidate is highly analytical & comfortable working with data, a strong communicator able to positively influence their peers, & energized by taking initiative & working in an entrepreneurial setting.
What you will do:
- Analyze large data sets & create dashboards to support tracking & reporting of existing KPIs & identifying new trends & KPIs to achieve business goals. Support weekly, monthly, & quarterly reporting initiatives.
- Responsible for managing & improving our receipt exception rate by working cross functionally with Buying, Site Merchandising, Operations, Transportation, & external Vendors to understand existing pain points & ideating & implementing solutions.
- Map out existing workflows in our inventory lifecycle, & work cross-functionally to identify gaps & opportunities for optimization. Create new processes throughout the inventory lifecycle.
- Partner with cross functional partners from Buying, Site Merchandising, Operations, Transportation & Engineering & equally comfortable managing up & down to translate business requirements into tech & non-tech solutions.
- Drive change management & adoption of newly developed processes. Create simple & comprehensive SOPs, cross-functional communications & conduct training sessions as needed.
- Lead project management for cross functional strategic initiatives as needed.
- Bachelors degree & prior experience in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- 3+ years in business operations, consulting, professional services or other related fields.
- Strong experience with data analytics & advanced Excel skills.
- Proficiency with G-Suite. Experience with Airtable & Looker highly preferred. Experience with Asana a plus. Comfortable learning new tools quickly is a must.
- Problem solving mindset & a can do attitude: no task is too big or too small.
- Relentless energy to evaluate & improve business processes & own business outcomes. Passionate about continuous improvement & able to think strategically & tactically.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, interpersonal skills, & an ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders. Excel at coaching peers & comfortable with leading training workshops.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail & proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal oversight.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirements
- RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
- Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $78,000 - $98,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.