The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The Loss Prevention Specialist is a full-time hourly employee reporting directly into the Loss Prevention Manager. This role will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of Loss Prevention, investigations, physical security, & safety for The RealReals warehouse location in Perth Amboy, NJ.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position is the first point of contact between Loss Prevention & all TRR employees therefore strong customer service skills & a friendly, professional attitude are essential.
- This position will service the main entrance the majority of the time as well as securing the building.
- This position serves a multi-purpose function including building security, shortage control, auditing, conflict resolution, inventory, & many other duties as assigned by the Assistant Loss Prevention Manager.
- This position will assist with daily video reviews, high value investigations, & various other special projects in support of the Loss Prevention & Operations Team.
- This position will conduct multiple daily, weekly, & monthly warehouse audits to ensure shortage control, safety, & all other Loss Prevention policies & procedures are being adhered to.
- This position may require you to support off-site functions such as photo shoots, private showings, events, etc. Event schedules are both during regular business hours & off hours.
- The candidate should have the ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to be able to communicate & execute security protocols i.e. bag checks, badge enforcement, metal detector/wanding, parking lot control, merchandise check in/out procedures, etc.
- The candidate should have the ability to handle & identify any security/safety related issues.
- The position requires a full flex open availability with the expectation of working evenings & weekends.
- The candidate should have the ability to be strong partnership with all levels of leadership in the warehouse.
- Overtime is sometimes required to meet the business needs.
- Strong customer service skills.
- A professional appearance & demeanor.
- Be self-motivated.
- Ability to write & communicate in a professional manner.
- Understanding of high-end retail & brands.
- Ability to lift & move 50lbs of merchandise & supplies.
- 2 years of Loss Prevention or Security is preferred.
- Ability to use Google Docs, Sheets, & Gmail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of thisjob. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.