Squarespace is a design-centric company dedicated to empowering people to succeed with their creative ideas. Were looking for a thoughtful UX Content Strategist to take ownership of UX content across all of our Online Store & Transaction projects for our Commerce products, from labels, to error messages, to onboarding flows, & more. You feel at home within a design team, you're a strong writer & communicator, & you're comfortable creating system-level terminology & content standards for your project.
Youll be involved throughout the process for Commerce-related projects, alongside product designers, product managers, engineers, & more. Youll help develop, communicate, & implement our UI style guide. This is the perfect role for someone passionate about UX design & experienced in crafting content. You will report into the UX Content Strategy Manager at our New York office.
- Write & maintain UX copy across all Squarespace products
- Work with product designers & other team members on wireframes & iterative click-through prototypes
- Create polished UI strings to other team members
- Build rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Partner with technical, brand, & marketing writers to connect in-app messaging with our overall voice
- Understand the capabilities & technical constraints of the systems with which youll work on
- Advocate for language in product design
- Ask probing questions to & give/receive feedback in an iterative environment
- Find the shortest way to communicate an idea
- 2+ years of experience writing UX copy
- Good awareness of UX & how content & design work together
- Passionate about consistency & details
- Experience using tools like Sketch, Figma, or similar
- Excellent sounding board; comfortable pointing out when a design could be better
- Ability to work through ambiguity & competing projects
- Experience preparing source language for localization
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your experience in the design process, writing different types of UX copy, & solving user problems through content.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.