CommonBondis buildingavalues-driven, customer-centric financial services company.Our missionis tochangethe way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interestrates,a state-of-the art technology platform, andcaringcustomer service.We also are theonlyfinancial services companywitha 1-for-1 social program:For every loan funded, we fund the education ofa child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by, & the Forbes Fintech 50. Weare backed by great investors, have an awesome team, & are looking for our next great team member.
CommonBond is seeking aSeniorProduct Manager tolead the delivery of multiple lending productsThis is a highly collaborative role interfacing between engineering & key stakeholders throughout the company. Wild success for this role is to create the product features, enhancements, & optimizations that will drive significant revenue growth for CommonBond & help as many people struggling with Student Debt as possible.
- Drive product implementationworking closely with engineering squads & engineering & design leadership
- Test & iterate on all aspects of the product experience
- Proactively identify patterns & insights from data to inform design & prioritization decisions
- Build domain knowledge & expertise around the market & competitive landscape to inform decisions
- Demonstrate strong creativity & scrappiness & handle constraints with grace
- Review, analyze, & manage existing processes & documentation, & generate new materials as needed
- Translate business requirements into detailed functional requirements for engineering team
- Create release notes, conduct status meetings & demonstrations to stakeholders, & review stakeholder input
- Assist in development & execution of user acceptance testing to validate system functionality
- Identify, document, & report bug cases & features in the issue/change tracking system
- Build & execute product backlog while addressing production support needs of the product
- Forecast impact of your products & then measure the performance of the features you release
- Support daily stand-ups, sprint planning & retrospectives & manage the end-to-end design / build / test / release process
- 4+ yearsof product managementexperience ideally in a transactionaldirect to consumer business
- Experience with technical development lifecycle activities & support of software systems
- Strong operational business understanding, ability to work with business owners to build requirements
- Demonstrated ability to understand, evaluate, & plan technical ideas & solutions
- Experience in data analytics & reporting
- Customer-centric: You possess great customer empathy. You arent shy about speaking with customers firsthand to understand how theyre experiencing your product & leveraging their feedback to drive yourroadmap
- Technical Acumen: ability to translate consumersinsights into product requirements & acceptance criteria, working closely with engineering teams to deliver great products
- Communication: Effective communicator that can tailor communication style to the audience (i.e. more technical for engineering team communications, higher level for executive team communications)
- Data-Driven: Demonstrated desire & ability to use data & analytics to measure impact of products & features & ultimately drive prioritization
- Collaborative: You take high ownership of your product but balance that with a collaborative nature knowing that great ideas for product exist across the organization (and outside it!)
- Strategic: You understand the competitive landscape & job to be done by the customer. You think about how your product fits in that landscape today & where it can fit in the future.
- Hungry: You are a self-starter who is very comfortable setting your own agenda & working in a culture of high ownership & high expectations. You have a passion for shipping product
- Strong desire to make personal finance more human & easier to manage.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.