Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
CarGurus is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join the FP&A team in support of the Sales & Marketing organization. The Business Intelligence function under FP&A is responsible for the analytical rigor behind reporting, forecasting, & financial modeling. The ideal candidate should be a logical thinker who excels at complex problem-solving & is able to synthesize information from disparate data sources for a wide range of audiences.
Primary day-to-day responsibilities will require digging into the data & executing analyses that support decisions that are immediately impactful. This role requires a balanced focus on growth, innovation, operations & process improvement with a unique focus on data analytics. Success in this role requires an analytical mindset, curiosity, an interest in solving data problems, & the ability to translate data insights into proposed clear, logical & motivating actions.
What You'll Do:
- Work directly with functional VPs, Directors, & other senior management providing specialized support to enable decision-making
- Support internal business leaders with weekly, monthly & quarterly operational & financial reporting
- Identify & analyze trends to highlight problems to address or opportunities to pursue
- Analyze existing & potential market opportunity to enable decisions on sales strategy
- Analyze the companys financial performance
- Collaborate with engineering & operations teams on data integrity & process improvements
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of experience in BI, Operations, FP&A or other analytical role
- Proficient with SQL
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal & written
- Comfort with complex interconnected logic & ambiguity
- Looker, Tableau or other BI tool experience a plus
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS preferred
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.