At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is hiring a Counsel, Healthcare Compliance to join its expanding Compliance team in Legal. Do you have a background in healthcare, Medicaid & Medicare law, & want to use that expertise to advise a fast-growing business on complex regulatory issues? Are you creative & like to think on your feet? Do you want to help change the transportation industry? If so, then this role is for you.
You will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of Lyfts regulatory obligations in various markets as they relate to non-emergency medical transportation, & providing the necessary guidance throughout the organization to implement those regulations. You will interact with regulators to discuss, clarify or negotiate on matters reflecting Lyfts business objectives. You will also manage Lyfts ongoing obligations to comply with healthcare laws & regulations including Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, HIPAA, Medicare & Medicaid regulations. This role will report to the Director of Healthcare Compliance.
- Interprets & analyzes laws & regulations from state Medicaid agencies, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), HHS Office for Civil Rights, & Medicare Advantage Plans governing Lyfts operations in this space. Provides strategic advice & guidance on implementing those laws & regs, working closely with the product, communications, sales & operations teams
- Works closely with regulators in various jurisdictions to negotiate for favorable outcomes to compliance matters that support the companys business objectives. Maintains ongoing positive relationship with regulators
- Works with Information Security & Privacy to educate workforce & maintain compliance with HIPAA
- Works closely with legal & government relations to draft correspondence, comments, & position papers touching upon Lyft compliance matters
- Administers licensure & application processes including provider enrollments in Medicaid, Medicare Advantage & Managed Medicaid Plans as required
- Meets corporate compliance objectives by performing compliance risk assessments, identifying compliance gaps, & assisting with the development of corrective action plans as needed
- Works closely with legal & government relations to recommend public policy strategies & operational impacts in the healthcare business
- Keeps management, operational, & marketing stakeholders informed of healthcare compliance issues
- 6+ years of legal & compliance experience focusing on healthcare laws & regulations at a mid to large size law firm, government regulatory agency, or in-house at a healthcare provider or health insurance plan, with a J.D. from a top law school
- Working with regulators and/or working at a start-up is not required, but preferred
- Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, & interpersonal skills. Strong oral advocacy & presentation skills
- Experience providing guidance on compliance requirements for a fast growing businesses on healthcare-related regulatory issues & putting systems into place to meet those requirements
- Proven ability to work cross functionally & with upper management to achieve compliance objectives with support from internal business partners
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.