To power critical decisions in health care with data science-driven technology.
Aetion is a health care technology company that delivers real-world evidence for life sciences, payers, providers, & regulatory agencies. The Aetion Evidence Platform analyzes data from the real world to produce transparent, rapid, & scientifically validated answers on treatments, costs, & outcomes. Founded by Harvard Medical School faculty members with decades of experience in epidemiology & health outcomes research, Aetion informs health cares most critical decisions what works best, for whom, & when to guide treatment development, commercialization, & payment innovation into health cares modern era.
As a science & data driven health care analytics company, Aetion is looking for data specialists to join our growing Data Integration team. The specialist will be an active individual contributor in data projects & will engage with & support activities internally involving review of data sources, connection of data to the Aetion platform, improvement of data-related processes, & contribution of expertise around data & specific research databases. The ideal candidate will work individually & as part of cross-functional teams in a stimulating environment founded & led by scientific & industry leaders that provides many opportunities for professional development & growth. The Analyst may have additional responsibilities in process development & mentoring.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop an understanding of the Aetion Evidence Platform, Aetions measurement system & approach to modeling research data, & the process of connecting data to the platform, with regular support & input from senior team members.
- Develop & provide health care data expertise to internal Aetion platform users. Develop data specification documentation for various health care databases.
- Explore & transform data consistent with existing data models for platform integration. Validate database connections to the Aetion Evidence Platform.
- Transfer knowledge & understanding of data & the platform to teammates through 1:1 discussions, documentation development & written communications, & delivery of training sessions & presentations.
- Develop, with support from senior team members, innovative solutions & approaches & apply them in specification documents & code.
- Develop & maintain scientific assets such as material on data sources, process documentation, & training curriculum.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in sciences, social sciences, or a related analytic field.
- A minimum of one year experience in a research or analytic area, or equivalent. Such experiences can include part-time work, summer jobs, and/or research conducted at school.
- A minimum of one year experience using SQL programming for manipulation & processing of relational databases.
- Experience with cross-functional teams a plus.
- Experience with R, Python and/or other statistical software & programming languages.
- Strong understanding of relational data, data aggregation methods, & use of health care data for medical research; ability to communicate & document related logic in various forms, including visualization, user guides, data dictionaries, & training material.
- Outstanding attention to detail & organizational skills.
- Strong ability for critical thinking.
- Strong ability to quickly learn new tools.
- Strong ability to self-motivate & manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication in verbal & written form.
- Eager to get things right.
- Ability to travel occasionally to other Aetion offices or to client sites.
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, & unlimited PTO
- Awards Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.