Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is looking for email experts that are passionate about helping our customers improve their email programs. Our Email Deliverability Consultant gives our customers the tools & assistance needed to improve their email deliverability. You will identify & analyze delivery issues while educating customers on email best practices to help prevent further occurrences. You will be mastering your skill set & an in-depth understanding of Twilios products, delivery best practices, & email infrastructure.
- Typically requires 4-5 years of relevant experience and/or in large scale email operations (sender, ESP, or receiver)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a customer consultative role
- High technical aptitude
- Intermediate Excel skills, MySQL, Splunk, Hadoop (or similar)
- Knowledge of global & regional data collection & handling requirements from both a legislative (CAN-SPAM, GDPR etc.) & receiver (Gmail, Microsoft etc.) perspective.
- A passion for customers & problem solving
- High level of initiative
- Experience using 3rd-party delivery tools (Validity,, eDataSource, Litmus, Email On-Acid)
- 4 year degree
- Motivated, goal-oriented, collaborative & persistent
An Email Deliverability Consultant lives the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide deliverability support & best practice education to our customers & internally. Be a team member who empowers the team around you.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Consult with customers on delivery topics including email authentication, abuse complaints, send strategy, segmentation, IP allocation, warm-up, reputation monitoring, & integration with the SendGrid platform. Make their problems your problems, & find the path forward.
- BE AN OWNER:Track the overall health of your deliverability client portfolio, including revenue, renewals, CSAT, churn, & account health.
- BE BOLD:Build strong industry relationships through MAAWG & other relevant industry associations that will enable Twilio to develop a leadership position in our industry
- BE INCLUSIVE: Foster a collaborative & inclusive environment for your team members. Work in partnership with internal teams like Sales, Customer Success, & Product to inspire prospective customers & drive a better customer experience.
- DRAW THE OWL: Think critically about what the team offers & how it executes. Propose & implement changes to systems & processes that drive success for our customers & our team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is located in the US, & could be done remotely or out of any of our Twilio offices.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.