Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology & quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention & build connections with consumers on the most important screen today the phone. Through Kargos high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools & award-winning creative studio, brands & agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo & Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the companys growth & achievements, including: Adweek Mobile Innovator (2017), Business Insiders Hottest Pre-IPO Ad-Tech Startups list (2015 & 2016), the Crains New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 & 2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY award (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in NYC (2017), & the 5000 list (2015, 2016 & 2017). Kargo employs 250 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Auckland & Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) & LinkedIn (Kargo).
Summary of Jobs Purpose:
As a Product Manager on the team, you will lead & own the product vision, goals & roadmap for one or more products and/or customer segments. Drive product success from ideation to launch efforts, including research, requirements definition, metrics analysis, & working with project, design, engineering, QA, product marketing, & other key stakeholders to facilitate development, testing & launch efforts.
Our product teams strive to be empowered & not feature-based. You will have the flexibility & freedom to identify the biggest problems our customers are facing & come up with innovative & unique solutions to solve these problems within the context of our company vision.
- Own day-to-day iteration of one or more products and/or customer segments;
- work with customers, business stakeholders, project, engineering, & design teams to discover, define, & organize product innovations & iterations.
- handle requirements gathering & documentation, in the form of user stores, flowcharts, wireframes, etc.,
- and prepare team sprints & maintain a healthy backlog.
- Maintain, evolve, & communicate product vision & roadmap to the broader organization.
- Work with product marketing on go-to-market strategy & take a proactive role in the continued success of your product(s) post-launch.
- Work closely & collaboratively with other product managers on major business initiatives requiring complex, multi-faceted solutions.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Kargos overall business strategy & the broader advertising technology space & develop new products & evolve existing products in order to drive success in a highly competitive market.
- Monitor & report on product metrics & business KPIs on a weekly/monthly basis.
- 3-5 years of experience in product & project management including experience leading cross-functional initiatives & teams
- Proven ability to dive deep in understanding the product, business, & the competitive landscape.
- Proven track record of delivering successful products to the market.
- Demonstrated analytical & quantitative skills, ability to use hard data & metrics to back up assumptions & develop business cases.
- Strong oral & written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, solve problems, scope business, technical requirements & prioritize project work.
- Strong understanding & experience with product management techniques especially as it relates to SCRUM & agile.
- Execution focused, owner mentality & willing to roll up your sleeves & do whatever is necessary.
- Background in advertising technology preferred.