Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But were so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. Were committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in ecommerce & publishing, we help deliver personalized email, mobile messaging, & onsite experiences to billions of consumers.
Sailthru is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, & Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand making it a reality.
Sailthru is looking for a Director of Data Science in our NY office to head up our Data Science & Machine Learning initiatives. You will be a key member of our technology leadership team, working hands-on leading & managing a distributed team of Data Scientists & Machine Learning engineers in New York, New Zealand, & Colorado. You will bring not just technical expertise in your field, but also industry knowledge, with a deep understanding of how best to leverage DS/ML for businesses & in technology products.
What Youll Do
- Partner with our product team to establish both short & long-term roadmaps building ML-enhanced features.
- Distinguish Sailthru from the competition by designing data-science powered features for our clients & becoming a thought leader in marketing technology.
- Lead & manage a team of data scientists & machine learning engineers, providing technical direction & guidance as well as feedback on career growth.
- Work hands on with your team to build data science products. Set technical direction & prioritize the work of your team through understanding the technology, product, & industry.
- Participate as a member of the Technology Leadership team, driving overall platform direction & building a great engineering culture.
- Evangelize & strong data governance & best practice & help drive data-driven decision making.
You are an experienced leader that understands the power & impact Data Science can have on a company. You have a strong background in Data Science, Statistics, & Machine Learning techniques, with experience building ML-enhanced products powered by terabytes of data each day. Youre an advocate of the power of data, & youre keen to share what you learn with your peers.
- Relevant BA / BS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (or equivalent experience). Graduate degree in CS, Statistics, or data-related program is preferred.
- 5+ years industry experience building & deploying enterprise machine learning systems with a demonstrated history of scalability & reliability.
- Experience managing & mentoring a team of data scientists & machine learning engineers.
- Working experience with recommendation algorithms, predictive models, forecasting, & NLP.
- Experience with Python, EMR, Kafka, deep learning frameworks, & data pipelines / data engineering for enterprise platforms.
- Excellent communication & collaborative skills. Ability to communicate & work cross-functionally across multiple areas of the business.