Glossier seeks an experienced Video Editor who is passionate about the craft of filmmaking & who can work closely with the Creative & Marketing teams to produce compelling video content across all channels. Ideal candidates are innovative, curious, self-motivated, can work both independently & collaboratively, & enjoy a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines & fast turn-around times.
Our in-house Creative team is responsible for a range of content from Glossiers brand voice & messaging, retail/experiential production, to product & packaging design for each of our products. The role will report into the Senior Manager, Design & Production.
6 Month Expectations
- Edit a variety of video marketing & social assets with a keen eye towards storytelling & consistency of brand voice & visual style.
- Audio mixing & color correction/grading
- Work collaboratively with directors, producers, & other key stakeholders to take projects from conception to completion.
- Prepare content to spec for a variety of digital distribution channels in a variety of crops & aspect ratios.
- Quality assurance & attention to detail in creating & reviewing work.
12 Month Expectations
- Assisting with video production & post-production as needed.
- Organize & track assets with digital-asset-management best practices in a shared workflow environment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in non-linear digital video editing, preferably in beauty, fashion, or a similar innovative, high-energy field.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere & Adobe After Effects & experience with the full Creative Cloud suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of web video standards & codecs.
- BS in Filmmaking, Digital Video Production or similar degree/real-world experience.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race,color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination