WHO ARE WE?
The Creative team is responsible for all creative work across toys & product design, product development, marketing, photography.
We're a diverse group of creatives coming from all sorts of backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being funny & innovative in order for us to create magical experiences for dogs & their people. We don't take ourselves too seriously, & love finding inspiration in unexpected places.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
Bark is seeking a Creative Director to join our Creative Marketing Team. Were looking for a big idea person who is constantly curious & is excited by the opportunity to make an immediate impact with our growing team.
The Creative Director will lead the marketing vision for our food & dental brands. They will lead a team of copywriters & designers to create ads of all sizes from direct response all the way to 360 brand campaigns!
- Lead key marketing projects from kickoff to completion. Including running brainstorms, overseeing shoots & production, hands on in design execution for print & digital, addressing feedback from stakeholders, etc.
- Conceptualize & execute designs for creative marketing campaigns across digital & print.
- Help tell the story of Bark with conceptual brand campaigns.
- Lead & inspire our team of designers, art directors, copywriters & motion designers.
- Assist Group Creative Director with large brand projects.
- 8 + years of relevant experience ideally within an in-house creative team
- Must have a background or experience in art direction & hands on graphic design; heavy focus in digital
- Experience working for a DTC or subscription model brand is a major plus!
- Experience creating impactful 360 marketing campaigns.
- Experience working with Marketing teams & understanding growth objectives
- Experience managing & leading a creative team of designers, copywriters, etc.
- Working closely with producers, project managers & production partners to create campaigns within budget.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize & manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience concepting & directing photo & video shoots.
- Knowledge of platform best practices & examples of when youve successfully broken those rules.
- Strong leadership skills & the ability to mentor & grow an in-house team.
- Expert knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Great sense of humor.
- Must be an animal lover!
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City ideally but open to remote possibility. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
FOR NY/NJ BASED APPLICANTS:
- The base salary range for this position is $137,000 - $180,000
- This position is eligible for equity
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting & may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills & expertise.