As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
What youll do:
- Plan, implement, & manage all company-wide benefits programs & initiatives, including internationally
- Oversee benefits programs & processes including benefits orientation, open enrollment, & annual renewals
- Partner with Finance & the Sr. Manager, Total Rewards on benefits planning process to determine offerings based on budget, employee surveys, & other relevant data
- Manage relationships with third party vendors; negotiate vendor contracts
- Maintain Summary Plan Descriptions for benefits plans & programs
- Develop & implement benefits communication strategy & processes
- Ensure programs are market-competitive & aligned with organizational & people strategies
- Ensure benefits plans comply with all current federal & state regulations & requirements, including reporting, disclosures, & testing
- Build strong cross-functional internal partnerships with People & Culture, Payroll, & Finance teams
- Manage members of the Benefits team & allocate responsibilities across the function
- Work on integration of benefit plans due to any mergers/acquisitions
- Help with benefits & compensation operationalization of any Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Assist Sr. Manager, Total Rewards with compensation related projects & initiatives
- Help with special projects as assigned
What youll bring:
- 5-7 years comprehensive knowledge of employee benefits, including health, retirement, leaves, & other benefit programs
- A proven track record of high achievement & success in the total rewards/benefits field
- A data-driven mindset ability to influence, drive decisions & lead discussions utilizing data
- An understanding of market dynamics & industry trends
- Knowledge of benefits best practices
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Discretion & ability to determine when escalation is required
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, informal team-based environment
- Experience creating & improving upon a great employee benefits experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
Bonus points for:
- Experience with UltiPro
- Experience with international populations
- Experience with Unions
- Experience with self-funded insurance plans
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.