Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You Will Do Here:
- Take an innovative approach to creating new products, while improving upon our core products.
- Build new web applications & add features & functionality to our core applications that go directly into the hands of users home buyers, sellers, & agents around the nation.
- Fuel our growth engine by pulling data from disparate sources, ingesting it, & making recommendations.
- Decompose our core application where appropriate into smaller services using the best technologies for the problem at hand.
- Design & refactor our databases to support our current & future products & growth.
- Build out our communications infrastructure including telephony, messaging, chat, etc.
- 3+ years of API Development with Ruby/Rails, Node.js/Express, or an equivalent framework
- Strong SQL skills & discipline with testing
- Experience with one or more web frameworks: Rails, Django, Spring.
Bonus points for:
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Data Modeling, ElasticSearch, Heroku, Postgres
- Experience debugging distributed systems.
- Experience working on a small team, ideally at a startup.
- Familiarity with the Amazon AWS ecosystem