Teampay is an entirely new way to manage spend, giving you proactive controls & real-time visibility - without slowing down your employees. With Teampay's distributed spend management platform, you can manage all types of purchasing, made by anyone, from end-to-end. Employees love the effortless experience, & Finance teams can breathe easy knowing that all spending is pre-coded & pre-approved.
About the role
The Teampay finance team is seeking an eager Strategic Finance Intern to support market analysis as we scale into our next round of VC funding. You will partner directly with the VP of Finance & the CEO to explore a range of business questions, ultimately helping the company to achieve its financial & operational goals through data & sophisticated analysis.
You will also foster relationships across the organization & are comfortable presenting financial information concisely. You will have direct exposure to the senior leaders & this is the perfect opportunity to use your analytical abilities to meet the needs of a growing organization.
What you will do
- Market surveys to determine potential acquisition targets
- Benchmarking & comp analysis
- Prepare insightful financial & operational analytics for management to support company growth & strategic plans
- Support the strategic planning process
- Manage fundraising/deal process, due diligence, & relationships with banks, VCs & strategic partners
Common candidate qualifications
- Currently pursuing MBA degree
- 2+ years of investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting. Startup experience is a plus.
- You have a basic understanding of SaaS metrics & unit economics
- You have interacted with senior level executives & are well versed in data visualization & storytelling
- Project management skills - you can proactively determine necessary projects & processes, managing complex cross-functional initiatives
Apply at Teampay if...
You're a builder. You're passionate about crafting things that matter. You're curious & agile in thought & action. You value authenticity & possess a strong work ethic. You're empathetic & look forward to learning from people unlike yourself. You want to make an impact with a strong team. You look for challenges that force you to grow. You rarely miss a detail & always learn from your mistakes. You have diverse interests outside of work, but are ready to pitch in & be responsive when the pressure is on.
You can learn more about the product at www.teampay.co & if youd like to apply, please include a cover note & tell us about something you started, whether it's a club, a team, business or blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.