Do you love playing with developer tools? Learning about the latest features of Docker? Getting your CI server set up the right way? Adding helpful git hooks to your repository? Writing linter plugins? Building CLIs? Maybe you even feel a little bit guilty putting as much effort as you do into your tools, when you should be doing real work.
You dont need to feel guilty. Come work on the Developer Experience team at Vimeo! Your job will be to explore, master, & deploy tools to help make developers at Vimeo, distributed throughout the world, as effective as they can be.
What youll do:
- Build & improve local & shared development environments.
- Maintain & build tooling around CI/CD & version control infrastructure.
- Improve the speed, reliability, & actionability of the Vimeo.com build, test suite, & static analysis engine.
- Go on periodic sabbaticals to help out other teams at Vimeo, learn about their processes, & discover their pain points.
- Troubleshoot general developer issues.
- Write & maintain thorough documentation on DevEx-owned areas.
- Whatever it takes (within reason) to make your fellow developers more effective.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- At least four years of professional experience in software development
- You have had experience at all levels of developing, building, deploying, & monitoring a project
- Strong knowledge of Docker, Linux systems, Kubernetes, CI/CD, & shell scripting required
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Previous experience in build/deploy/release engineering or productivity engineering
- Experience contributing to a static analysis tool or compiler
- Knowledge of Google Cloud, Argo CD, GitHub Actions, Kustomize, Helm, and/or the Hashicorp Suite
- Experience with generalized build systems (make, bazel, please, etc.) or language-specific build systems (SWC, Turborepo, etc.).
- Experience with Jenkins, its plugins, & distributed caching strategies in CI
Targeted Base Salary Range: $136,000 to $194,500
The base salary range listed above is for candidates located in the U.S., including the New York City metro area.
At Vimeo, we strive to hire & nurture amazing talent across the globe. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, specialized skills, internal alignment & a candidates home base.
Base salary is just one component of Vimeos total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits & perks that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base! Other rewards may include bonus or commission, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, generous 401k match, wellbeing resources, & more.
Vimeo (NASDAQ:VMEO) is the worlds most innovative video experience platform. We enable anyone to create high-quality video experiences to connect better & bring ideas to life. We proudly serve our growing community of nearly 300 million users from creative storytellers to globally distributed teams at the worlds largest companies. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.