Vimeo is home to the world's most awe-inspiring videos & an amazingly vibrant community of creative professionals. We're also one of the leading providers of video hosting services to enthusiasts, creatives, & businesses alike.
Our advanced platform & passionate members are matched by an equally remarkable Support team who provide expert assistance on topics like video playback, compression, uploading, & embedding.
Were looking for a problem solver with strong customer service skills to help support our customers with video playback issues. The Video Support manager will take on the important role of supporting customer inquiries for our prized asset, the Vimeo player. This position involves thoroughly investigating customer issues, reporting bugs with precision to engineering, creating internal & external support documentation, & educating colleagues on how to best support the full video delivery flow from upload & video compression through playback in the Vimeo player.
What youll do:
- Handle escalated support tickets, providing prompt, friendly, expert assistance to users.
- Provide user-facing help content (Getting Started guide, FAQs).
- Develop internal documentation & education material for other support agents on the technicalities of video delivery.
- Act as Support Team product liaison & user advocate for video technologies, including the uploading, transcoding, & video playback. Oversee successful prep of all new video technology product launches.
- Work with QA, engineering, & product teams to prioritize top issues impacting users.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Experience troubleshooting complex technical issues involving video files & playback.
- Solid understanding of digital video/ audio compression codecs like H.264, ProRes, HEVC, & AAC.
- Knowledge of video delivery protocols (MPEG-DASH, HLS) over content delivery networks (CDNs).
- Excellent written communication & interpersonal skills.
- Experience using a bug tracking system & ticketing technical issues (Jira, Github, Zendesk).
- Basic understanding of HTML & CSS.
- Experience using video editing programs (Premiere, Final Cut).
- Experience working in customer support and/or account management roles at a media company.
- Passion for new & emerging video technologies (HDR, 360 video, etc).
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. With over 175 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create & market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day!
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, & is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.