NewsCred, the worlds leading enterprise content marketing company, is on a mission to create software that transforms how marketing teams work.
NewsCred is a two-time Gartner-leader & a regular Great Place to Work. Every day, across our New York, London, & Dhaka offices, nearly 200 brilliant NewsCred employees commit their passion, time, & energy to shaping the future of an industry.
Our bread & butter is enterprise content marketing, & we are the best in the world at it, with exceptional retention rates over our 10+ year history. Our teams combine strategic expertise, award-winning licensed & original content, & comprehensive-but-intuitive software to help the worlds biggest multinational brands publish content that people actually want in this world filled with ad noise.
But we are not resting on our success. We believe that modern marketing organizations will have their own operating system, just as Engineering has Jira & Sales has Salesforce. This Marketing OS will centralize where campaigns get planned & marketing teams work together. There are many big companies competing to be the winner, but we think we have the lead because of our expertise in content & the robustness of our software.
As an Associate Content Strategist at NewsCred, you will bring compelling editorial strategies to life for some of the worlds most prominent companies. This is a great introductory opportunity for someone interested in a career in tech, startups, or editorial content strategy.
With that in mind, you will support senior members of the team in project managing & creating original content for our clients, ensuring that it is both high quality & on-brand. You will also oversee the curation of licensed content (both written & image-driven) for our clients with the most stringent guidelines to ensure that we surface articles that will meet audience needs & pass muster under brand scrutiny.
You should be passionate about content in its many forms & excited to tell & share stories. You should have an interest in learning about different industries & trends, & in using that knowledge to shape stories in both B2B & B2C formats. Helping clients become great content marketers & stemming the tide of bad content drives us; it should drive you, too!
What Youll Do
- Facilitate the writer pitch process
- Edit original content for quality & clarity, following brand guidelines
- Assist senior strategists in content production
- Manage internal/client budget trackers, as well as trackers of approved/rejected licensed content articles
- Curate news stories for clients websites
- Utilize subject knowledge & editorial insight to choose a proper mix of content that meets brand & audience needs
- Proactively monitor the performance of a clients mix of licensed sources & regularly communicate performance
- Review the ongoing curation efforts of our freelance network, providing feedback & approval of articles
What Youll Need
- 1 - 3 years of experience editing and/or writing diversified long form content
- Experience in content or news ideation & production for either a news organization or a brand
- Familiarity with the digital marketing space & enthusiasm for working with commercial brands
- Familiarity with visual content production/curation & imagery best practices
- Comprehensive understanding of voice & ability to adapt to a clients specific tone (e.g. What makes a Buzzfeed story different from a Washington Post story?)
- Ability to concisely communicate with managers & colleagues about complex client issues
Why Youll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work, & a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space. Learn more in our How We Work document
- All-hands Demo Days on Wednesdays; catered lunches on Fridays
- Full suite of benefits, including medical, vision, dental, 401k match, & generous parental leave
- Best-in-class compensation plans, as well as company equity everyone has a stake in our growth
- An agile performance review process, to encourage ongoing transparency between managers & direct reports
- Unlimited vacation days & flexible working hours
- Partnership with Concierge Health Care, allowing you to book same-day appointments
- Student loan repayment program, enabling you to potentially save thousands in interest
NewsCred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, promoting & hiring a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace, & that inclusivity means more than just good intentions.