We are seeking a DevOps Engineer I with an interest & a passion in automation, cloud infrastructure, & making delivery more efficient & productive. Someone who likes to build, configure, automate, & optimize things & inject continuous integration & delivery into the software development lifecycle. As a DevOps Engineer you will support the delivery lifecycle, troubleshoot & resolve platform issues, & work with others to accomplish results with a direct & meaningful impact on the delivery of AccuWeather platforms. The ideal candidate would be innovative & have great problem solving & analytical skills.
Who You Are
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for supporting the continuous integration & delivery process, monitoring platforms, troubleshooting & resolving issues, scripting & configuring tools, & assembling & integrating technologies across platforms. While working closely within, & across teams, the DevOps Engineer will ensure lifecycle & platform standards are met, & continuous improvements are made. To ensure consistency across development, test, & production environments, you will collaborate on the documentation of configurations, changes, & delivery processes. Were looking for someone who strives to increase delivery velocity & maximize platform reliability, availability, scalability, & performance.
What You Will Be Doing
- Works on & supports automated builds, deployments, validations, & configurations
- Maintains & executes automated CI / CD pipelines for development, QA, & production
- Instruments code, configures tools, & dashboards to help visualize & understand real-time system health, usage, & performance metrics
- Maintains cloud-based platforms & ensures service health monitoring to enable proactive issue mitigation & expedited issue resolution
- Provides input into best practices for source control, continuous integration, release management, & validation
- Continuously improves our build & deployment processes
- Identifies opportunities to improve our platforms related to the most common tasks
- Participates in sprint planning with the project teams to keep initiatives moving forward
Experience We Are Looking For
- Basic knowledge of cloud-based platforms such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Linux / Unix or Windows platforms
- Programming experience in C, C++, Java, or C# and/or scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell
- Understanding of Kubernetes, orchestration, CI systems such as Jenkins, configuration & provisioning tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, & version control tools such as Git, TFS
- Makes sound decisions when faced with challenging alternatives that result in successful outcomes
- Self-driven; good problem-solving skills; adaptable & proactive
- Good verbal & written communication, collaboration, reporting, & analytical skills
- Adaptable to engage on both delivery & platform related tasks as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands & arms; & talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand & stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, & ability to adjust focus. Minimal travel (10%) is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work is usually quiet.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity & inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging & profitable.