Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work, Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What Were Looking For:
A senior analyst within our Games Revenue division at Skillz would provide expert analysis & insights to identify commercial opportunities for some of our biggest games. The insights that are developed will drive initiatives that support millions of dollars of revenue including but not limited to: identifying player & competitive insights to drive appropriate marketing, pricing, & product strategies to increase engagement, & designing, launching & measuring new gameplay features. You will have the opportunity to develop & build your own models & dashboards, present findings to senior leadership, & see the impact of your recommendations after they are immediately executed in-market. A successful candidate will possess exceptional quantitative skills, an orientation towards goals, & comfort communicating with both internal & external stakeholders.
- Drive highly visible strategic projects, collaborating cross-functionally to structure problems, understand opportunities, & develop solutions
- Own key areas of the business front-to-end, including execution & follow-through on initiatives
- Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior executives & other stakeholders
- Support our understanding of customer behaviors & life cycles, such as user engagement, conversion, & churn
- Design, develop, & share reports & dashboards used by the entire company every day
- Minimum 4 years experience
- Inquisitive mindset with a bachelors degree in economics, business, finance, engineering, or mathematics preferred
- Comfort with large data sets; highly skilled in Excel with experience manipulating, analyzing, & presenting data driven insights
- Outstanding communication, attention to detail & organizational skills
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical & business teams
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing & applying appropriate frameworks or techniques
- Professional experience using SQL & data visualization platforms is a plus