ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Sales team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, & scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether thats working with agencies & clients directly, seeking out partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth & efficiency of our pre & post-sales operations.
Were seeking an energetic proven seller who is ready to jump in, think outside of the box, & get creative with branded partnerships & native ad campaigns. theSkimm is for high performers who thrive off of seeing the direct impact of their work, whether thats through leveraging your deep agency connections or pounding the pavement & introducing theSkimm to a wide suite of brands & advertisers. This is not a typical sales role. theSkimm works hard to understand the marketing needs of our advertisers, & we develop creative & timely campaigns that add value to the lives of our audience without jeopardizing the integrity of our voice & brand. Reporting to a Director of Sales in NYC, you'll be part of our growing sales team, responsible for helping us build upon & establish relationships with both direct advertisers & agencies.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Prospect & sell fee-based brand partnerships & native ad campaigns into agencies & clients directly
- Manage your own RFP process & work with our teams to create marketing plans that include, but are not limited to: native digital content, audio & video ad integrations, social media & event sponsorships
- Forecast, track & report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management
- Work closely with Skimmrs across the company, including Client Services, Marketing, Analytics, Content & Editorial
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years of digital or integrated media sales experience, meeting or exceeding quota as a result of the sale of complex deals
- Thorough understanding of the RFP process & digital media operations
- Excellent verbal, written & presentation skills. Creativity is also a must.
- Familiarity & enthusiasm for theSkimm, our products, & the utility we offer our audience
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Existing relationships & contacts with marquee media agencies & brands, experience calling directly on C- level executives
- Familiarity with a creative sell/great story teller
- Willingness to thrive in a startup organization, highly motivated, entrepreneurial, & energetic
- Highly organized & motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running
- Team player with a positive, problem solving attitude
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives. Since launching in 2012, theSkimm has become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way its audience consumes news & makes decisions. theSkimm's flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & the company continues to innovate, finding new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. theSkimms product suite has expanded to include two top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'' & Skimmd From the Couch, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Press Pause newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. theSkimms first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done. By continuing to grow the breadth of theSkimm offerings in the lifes necessity categories & expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content & audio, theSkimm ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation -- & the ones that follow -- in the most critical areas of their lives. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.