PowerPoint Designer, Global
Reporting to the global project manager & under the design direction of the global Chief Creative Officer, the PowerPoint Designer will develop & design to deliver the best possible PowerPoint design solutions for the needs of the Chief Executive Officer & Global Executive Team members where required.
A strong communicator, the PowerPointdesigner is a member of the corporate team, creating presentations & collateral for the Landor brand. The PowerPoint Designer must have the ability to tell a story through a PowerPoint presentation, to bring an environment to life, to engage an audience through design communications & to help the leaders of Landor communicate their priorities to employees, clients, WPP & others.
The PowerPoint Designer must be a team player, but self-led & comfortable working autonomously without daily design direction. This diverse role provides creative freedom within a framework & high visibility to global & regional leaders. ThePowerPoint Designer must be willing to juggle multiple priorities within tight timeframes, take on new challenges, & make design recommendations to global leaders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding /awareness of the local aesthetic & culture when creating local & global design, e.g. type, colour issues, symbols etc. for regions
- Ensures all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals, etc., seen by prospective & existing clients & internal clients are error-free, of highest quality & always relevant to the clients issues
- Partners effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that address all relevant requirements
- Sharing & importing best practices & resources with peers within broader Landor network
- Interacts in a positive, professional & motivating manner
- Minimal regional & international travel
People & Team
- Builds valuable partnerships with the C-suite as well as colleagues in other offices & departments
- Seeks out opportunities for personal creative growth by working outside area of expertise & comfort zone
- Becomes a valued team player across all disciplines within a team
- Projects include but are not limited to: developing presentations, email campaigns, event invitations, posters, videos, internal & external marketing materials
- Proficiency in all key creative software programs
- Keeps abreast of current design trends, remaining continuously curious
- Has strong conceptual abilities
- Exhibits strong creativity yet needs to understand the practicality of execution & implementation
- Has a strong sense of aesthetics
- Understands their role in the project schedule including assigned hours & personal deadlines
- Works autonomously, efficiently & effectively
- Alerts the global project manager when tasks are complete or awaiting feedback/approval
- Proactively participates within the global team to ensure quality & satisfaction of the CEO, CCO & global executive team
- Prepares for internal & external meetings.
- Maintains & organises files & project materials
- Organises necessary resources, materials, venues, etc.
- Efficiently backs up in an organised manner on the server
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Design degree, or relevant design qualification
- Experience working as part of a project team
- Expert knowledgeand ability to design in Microsoft packages, specifically PowerPoint & Word
- Well skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Adobe Acrobat).
- Additionally, any video, html or photographic art direction experience would be valued highly
- Experience of working comfortably with a range of digital design solutions
- Proven experience of design interfaces that are responsive as well as platform & device agnostic
- Engagement in online communities relevant to our industry to generate new ideas & update skills & knowledge
- Is curious, up-to-date & abreast of digital & technology transformation, clearly recognising what it means to our company & clients.
- Is personally digitally engaged (Facebook, Twitter) e.g. what online personal branding tools used?
- Expert presentation designer
- Ability to work in a pressurized environmentmultiple projects, tight deadlines & high-expectations from the C-suite
- Ability to build strong relationships, internally & externally
- Ability to work well across the Landor networktime zones, offices & cultures
- Strong communication skills
- Team player yet the ability to work autonomously as an individual contributor
- Can-do attitude
- Flexible schedule
- Highly organised