WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
The Building Technology teams mission is to Empower WeWork & its Members with world-class technology infrastructure, support & services. We are building best in class systems to deliver technology infrastructure & IT services to our Members in an automated, elastic, & easy-to-consume way. The technology we build & manage has allowed WeWork to scale to 300+ buildings in 20+ countries & continues to be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow. Ultimately our goal is to make technology as frictionless as possible for our Members so that they can focus on creating their lifes work.
You have a combination of both software engineering & networking skills. Your primarily focused on automating pain points away for the networking team by making repetitive, labor intensive jobs a simple click or keypress away. You have a passion for "automate everything!", as well as are cognizant about how destructive the wrong script can do for a network & finds ways to ensure only the good happens. Hence an understanding of networking is desired as well as the ability to code. You are someone who either started in Network Engineering who then became a coder or a coder who somehow ended up in Network Engineering.
- Work with other network engineers to understand pain points of current processes & ways of automating pain points away.
- Understand Software Defined Network methodologies & capable of implementing them in a way that is easy for the team to use.
- Develops & maintains automation that is stable & extendable.
- Participates actively in code review process, posting scripts, & incorporating feedback, as well as reviewing automation submitted by other team members.
- Develop tools & automated methods to detect, mitigate & remediate network events
- Knowledge of vendor-agnostic approach to network engineering
- Improve or create automation & tools to collect & monitor metrics, plan capacity, & decrease manual changes within the network
- Good in general Linux administration skills
- Assist with ongoing assessments & upgrades of networks
- Bachelors degree in computer/engineering related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ year professional experience in network engineering or software engineering
- Strong coding skills in an object-oriented language, (Python preferred).
- Proficiency with configuration management tools, preferably Ansible & Puppet
- experience with Linux systems & running them in a production environment
- Experienced with IPv4 & IPv6
- Knowledge of IP networking: routing, switching, & network standards from layer 1 on up through the transport & applications layers.
- Able to collaborate & thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
- Excellent technical writing & communications skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.