Are you looking to join one of the fastest-growing software companies? ThoughtSpots Search & AI-Driven analytics platform revolutionizes how the world uses data by making analytics 1000x faster & easier for non-technical business people. ThoughtSpot was recently named a Leader in Gartner's 2020 Magic Quadrant for Analytics. ThoughtSpot is the first new Leader in the past six years & is the fastest analytics company ever to become a Leader.
ThoughtSpot has an immediate opening for an IT Application Engineer to join our Global IT team located in the Sunnyvale office. Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Application Engineer will be contributing to ThoughtSpots success by building & collaboratively identifying, designing, developing, & deploying Workforce Collaboration & Workflow Automation apps (OKTA, Confluence, Jira, ServiceNow, JamF, AirWatch) that fulfill strategic initiatives & operational improvements. Responsible for the enterprise-wide Applications & Systems services. Relies on extensive experience & judgment to plan & accomplish goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily to include but not limited to:
- Serve as the internal SME on implementation, management, & support of IT applications across the entire IT App suite of tools (OKTA, JamF, Airwatch, Jira, ServiceNow, etc.)
- Implement & maintain the Enterprise-wide Identity Access Management (IAM) & Privileged Access Management (PAM) solutions & program.
- Establish IT App policies, procedures, & standards in implementing & leveraging processes within the IT suite of Apps.
- Develop metrics, dashboards, & advanced filters
- Be an SME for a number of existing & new SaaS services & integrations, all while ensuring the highest standards of system security.
- Strong understanding of business processes & experience leveraging Atlassian Suite to maximize & improve those processes.
- Hands-on Identity & Access design & implementation
- Experience with Identity & Access Management workflows & platforms (OKTA, Auth0, etc.)
- Experience with solution design, implementation, & delivery of secure & scalable services
- Experience with system security models & enforcement; CASB
- Monitor alerts from various monitoring systems, including Solarwinds, Nagios, Splunk & etc.
- Strong understanding of SAML 2.0, 0Auth, SSO, PKI, Active Directory, & LDAP
- General understanding of network design (e.g., endpoints, firewalls, switching/routing, DNS, network protocols) & cloud & on-prem operations.
- Advanced knowledge of Directory Services (on-prem, cloud, federation) & administration.
- General understanding of virtualization technologies & concepts. VMware & Microsoft Hyper-v experience a plus.
- Experience with Linux & Apple Mac OS integration with a Windows Domain.
- Process automation & scripting languages, such as PowerShell, VBScript WSH, etc.
- Cloud experience using AWS, GCP, & Azure is a plus
- Adapt to rapid changes to support & use future technology
- Communicate effectively in both oral & written form with employees, customers, & management.
- Work closely in a collaborative team environment across geographic locations.
- Multitask & prioritize workload & determine priorities.
- Learn & utilize new computerized systems & automated software applications.
- Identify critical issues & recommend solutions to address concerns.
- Exercise a reasonable degree of independent judgment under minimum supervision.
- Maintain professionalism under stressful situations handling multiple priorities & meeting deadlines.
- Provide excellent customer service.
At ThoughtSpot, diversity isn't a box to check, it's how we live our core value of "Selfless Excellence" every day. The kind of problems we solve requires diverse perspectives & the team spirit to see those differences as possibilities rather than roadblocks. To make our dent in the universe, we seek employees with unique identities, backgrounds, & perspectives. We aim to cultivate inclusive & respectful company culture.
We support our employees with great benefits like 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees & dependents; equity in a late-stage startup backed by top-tier VCs; conveniently located Palo Alto office with the onsite gym; company-provided catered lunch & dinner; & paid holidays & flexible paid time off. We hope you'll join us in our mission.
ThoughtSpot's Search & AI-Driven analytics platform puts the power of a thousand analysts in every business person's hands. ThoughtSpot connects with any on-premise, cloud, big data, or desktop data source & deploys 85 percent faster than legacy technologies. ThoughtSpot's customers include Amway, Bed Bath & Beyond, Capital One, Celebrity Cruises, Chevron Federal Credit Union, De Beers, Insurethebox, & Scotiabank.
We were co-founded in 2012 by CEO Ajeet Singh & technical co-founders from Google, Microsoft, Amazon, & Oracle. Backed by investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Geodesic Capital, & Capital One Growth Ventures, ThoughtSpot has raised over $160 million to date. ThoughtSpot's mission is to enable analytics at a "human scale" & put search & AI-driven analytics in the hands of 20 million users by 2020.
For more information please visit thoughtspot.com