About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the worlds leading companies build, design, staff, & manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts & top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices & deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices & create an environment that inspires their teams best work. Empowering others & building diverse & inclusive teams are core to Managed by Qs mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, & enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, & Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, & want to spread opportunity within your community, wed love to meet you.
As an Engineering Manager at Managed by Q, youll work closely with product managers, designers & business stakeholders to guide a team of outstanding engineers toward solving problems that are critical to our growth these may include customer, partner, & operator experience, operational logistics, & technical infrastructure. As a key leader on our team, youll play a crucial role in maintaining & evolving Qs engineering culture & coaching individuals to achieve their very best. This is a team leadership position. The role will initially involve some coding & always maintain a deep connection to the technical direction & decisions of your team.
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years experience building software or web applications
- Ability to establish technical credibility with amazing engineers quickly
- Proven experience managing technical teams & delivering on ambitious goals
- Deep knowledge of engineering processes, their underlying principles, & their tradeoffs
- Track record of delivering projects & collaborating with leaders across the organization: including Engineering, Product, Design, & Operations
- Expertise & passion for developing others through regular coaching & mentoring, 1:1s, & performance reviews
- Strong communication skills - having the ability to understand & explain technical issues to non-technical team members.
Perks & Benefits
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, & highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, & continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness & inclusion initiatives, & host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, & monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.