Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, & unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers & contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians & life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually & collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win & are fully committed to selecting leaders & employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif & Glen de Vries, & have global operations in US, Europe & Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Accounting Support Specialist ensures compliance with the company’s Accounts Payable & Travel & Entertainment (T&E) expense policy & works closely with the Finance team to ensure controls over financial reporting are in place & working effectively. He/she will also assist in ensuring that liabilities to vendors are completely & accurately recorded.
- Review invoices and/or T&E expense reports/receipts based on the company AP/T&E policy & guidelines, & communicate to end users/approvers any non-compliance thereof
- Provide guidance to internal customers on the invoice/expense reporting process & policy compliance
- Educate/train internal customers on the use of the P2P & expense management systems
- Review & help internal customers resolve any corporate credit card account issues such as credit balances, delinquencies, account variances, unpaid personal balances, etc.
- Perform month-end close processes related to invoice processing, T&E & corporate cards
- Maintain a high level of focus on customer service & ensure responsiveness to inquiries
- Prepare monthly reports required for audit & monitoring of corporate card program performance such as delinquency reports, personal spend reports, card cancellations
- Regularly perform analysis & provide guidance to management on policy, procedures, metrics, & invoice, payments & expense report trends to control costs
- Interact with external auditors & assist in preparing quarterly & annual audit requests, when required
- Provide ad-hoc reporting requests to auditors, company leadership or other internal & external partners
- Assist with the implementation, process improvement & training related to the company’s ERP/P2P & Expense Management Systems
- Outstanding customer service & service orientation
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Excellent organizational skills, detailed-oriented & ability to manage multiple tasks & competing demands
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Understanding of importance of internal controls & segregation of duties
Your Education & Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of invoice processing/T&E experience
- Requires a minimum of 2 years ERP/P2P usage & experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug & medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs & medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology & Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications & intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality & efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state & local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.