Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Temporary Recruiter to join our People & Culture (aka HR) team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in full-cycle recruiting, be detail-oriented, and have an understanding of retail corporate positions. You will report to our Director of Talent Acquisition remotely with the ability to align with the Eastern Time Zone of our HQ (based in NYC).
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What You'll Do:
- Manage full-cycle recruiting processes for various departments & functions in the Corporate organization, including but not limited to: kick-off meetings, sourcing, resume review, phone screens, structured interviews, reference checks & delivering offers
- Facilitate & maintain an amazing end-to-end candidate experience
- Maintain owned roles in our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse)
- Manage internal Talent Acquisition & People & Culture workflows
- Implement & enforce consistency with recruiting policies & procedures
- Impeccable attention to detail both in written & verbal communication
- Ensure data consistency across our various internal systems
- Act as a brand ambassador in promoting Away as a great place to work
- Develop & maintain key partnerships with internal hiring managers
- Provide sound judgment & objectivity when weighing needs of the business vs candidate needs
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on hiring techniques & sourcing top talent
- Ensure that applicants' knowledge, skills & experience are aligned with our values
- Present to Hiring Managers, & work as liaison between candidates, HMs & HR business partners providing guidance through the interview, offer, & hiring process
- Developing sourcing plans & innovative search strategies to attract top talent while maintaining & building a network of talent for future opportunities
- Manage agency relationships & hiring processes as needed for select roles
Who You Are:
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience in a full-cycle recruiting capacity, in-house recruiting for corporate functions preferred
- Proficiency with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), Greenhouse preferred
- High energy with relationship building skills & the ability to take initiative, prioritize, influence, negotiate & partner cross functionally
- Ability to effectively work with & communicate with senior leadership & Executives
- Customer-service centric approach to Recruiting process
- Proficient with various candidate selection processes (phone interviews, structured interviews, skills & behavioral-based interviews, reference checks, etc.)
- Results driven with the ability to influence others
- Ability to source candidates through a variety of networks & tools
- Self-confident, self-motivated, with sense of personal accountability
- Ability to manage confidential information effectively
- Strong ability to follow process, comply with regulations
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on & has since expanded to offer an array of luggage & travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London & Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies & has been recognized on TIMEs list of Best Inventions. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.