All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
This role reports directly to the Chief People Officer. The People team consists of the Human Resources Generalist, Payroll & Benefits Manager, & Lead Recruiter.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
- CUSTOMER FIRST - The needs of the customer always come first. Its at the heart of what we do. They depend on us to deliver what they need to make their day a little bit better.
- ACCOUNTABLE - We are accountable to ourselves & to one another. Individual contributions are the foundation of which we build the companys future. The success of the business is entrusted to you.
- INFORMED BY DATA - We use data as a tool to inform our decisions, we arent paralyzed by it. Data, along with sound judgement, allows us to move fast, measure, & iterate.
- RESILIENT AND ADAPTIVE - If we arent changing, we arent innovating. If we arent innovating, we become obsolete. To stay ahead, we must challenge the norm & embrace new ideas & ways of thinking.
- DOING GOOD - We do whats right for people through innovation that goes beyond the bottom line. We use our platform to bring positive change in our corner of the world.
- Coordinate the new hire process from recruitment onboarding through to first 30 days.
- Maintain confidentiality on all records & employee personnel files at all times.
- Identify opportunities to support/improve the Boxed culture & overall employee experience.
- Collect, enter, analyze, & report on HR information as needed (ADP, Jira, & Carta experience preferred).
- Be the primary resource for company demonstrations on ADP Self-Serve New Hire entry.
- Ensure data integrity & maintenance on internal new hire trackers.
- Monitor elections & enrollments to ensure consistent & accurate information on healthcare, benefits, taxes, & 401k elections.
- Support annual audits, reconciliation, & open enrollment events as needed.
- Be a team player, ready to take initiative or support on new upcoming projects.
- Process weekly payroll alongside with the Payroll Manager
- Research & assist with correcting payroll inquiries
- Process & audit payroll reports for payroll close
- Understanding of basic payroll cycles for both exempt & non-exempt employees, salary & hourly
- 2-3 years of healthcare & benefit administration elections experience
- Experience as a point of contact for multiple locations and/or departments
- Ability to handle a fast moving work environment with multiple projects
- Self starter who can work autonomously, but not be afraid to ask teammates for help when needed.
- Emphasis/understanding on the importance of diversity, equality, & inclusion is required.
- Hands on experience in making impactful decisions & chasing down answers for ad hoc requests
- Knowledge of ADP payroll system
Nice to haves:
- Spanish language proficiency
- HR Certifications, Professional Development Certificates, or Advanced Degrees
- Have an understanding of employment law surrounding immigration & visa status
- Public speaking competitancy
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!