Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
We are looking for an experienced commercial contracts attorney to join our growing legal team on the east coast. You will be responsible for managing a large volume of inbound & outbound contracts & work closely with Twilios Sales Team as well as other key business units to guide contracts through review, negotiation & signing.
You are a talented & creative attorney whom lives the Twilio Magic & is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts & closing deals. This job is for you if you enjoy & thrive in a fast-paced & high pressure environment, you work well with sales reps in particular & a wide-range of personalities in general. You must be dedicated to providing excellent customer service, have zealous attention to detail, & excellent judgment & people skills. Of course, we are also looking for someone eager to be a contributing member of a fun, supportive & high functioning team.
- Due to the expectations of the role, we require a J.D. with strong academic credentials & demonstrated record of success as a lawyer, Member of Colorado Bar (or, if remote, another U.S. state bar) or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel
- 4+ years of corporate transactional experience, including significant experience with commercial contracts
- Ability to structure, draft & negotiate a high volume & broad range of contracts, including SaaS & PaaS contracts, professional services agreements & NDAs
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice & to properly balance risks & business reward with a dedication to superior customer service
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal, & ability to advocate for a position while maintaining collaborative & open-minded approach
- Ability to appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients & delivering results efficiently
- Experience with Salesforce, DocuSign & JIRA is a plus
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, interest for learning new things & desire to get things done
As Commercial Counsel, you will:
- BE AN OWNER: Take ownership of the drafting, review, negotiation, & management of a wide range of legal agreements. Advise Twilios internal clients on contract interpretation & negotiation. Also, champion Twilios mission, ethics & integrity by ensuring that Twilios compliance policies are in practice & protect the company from risk, comply with all applicable local laws & regulations, & are in line with Twilios values.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Seek to understand the context of the positions of Twilios customers & the requests from Twilios internal clients, & strive to solve problems & address issues from their perspectives.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist with the development of policies & procedures, & standard template language to be used in contracts. Create processes & procedures to help support a rapidly-growing, global business.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Constantly evaluate which matters & issues are most worthy or in need of your attention at any given time.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Train & advise contract specialists on the legal team on the preparation, negotiation & execution of form-based agreements.
Twilios legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical & sound legal advice. Your unique skill set & experience are critical to help support our thriving & growing business & reinforce the trust & partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office, but we will consider remote candidates as well. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.