Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States & receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is growing rapidly & expanding into multiple new cities in 2020. We are looking for ambitious, self-motivated business people to be the next generation of employees turning housing into a consumer-focused industry. This is an entry-level position with strong career development & the opportunity for rapid growth within the Sales organization. Note that this position is an individual contributor role, ideal for recent graduates looking to gain work experience in Sales.
- Serve as the first point of contact for prospective members looking to move into our new or existing homes
- Respond to inbound leads & convey Commons value proposition
- Qualify leads interest & fit against our available inventory
- Convert qualified leads into scheduled tours with our leasing specialists
- Conduct on-the-spot 3D & virtual tours of our homes as needed
- Become an expert on our portfolio of homes & services in your assigned markets
- Collaborate with team members to share & learn from best practices
- Own all initial communication with leads until they have toured one of our homes
- Bachelors degree or relevant years of experience
- You are interested in building a career in sales and/or real estate
- You love connecting with people online & on the phone
- You connect well with other people & have a knack for understanding the customer & handling objections
- You dont believe in settling & are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- You are highly-results oriented & want to make a direct impact on our business
- You are hungry for success & motivated by meeting & exceeding targets & goals
- Your schedule is flexible & are willing to work weekends & evenings as needed
- Emotional intelligence
- Strong work ethic
- Consultative sales
- Whatever it takes attitude
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances.