A Staff Software Engineer on our team has a broad skillset, & experiences that span multiple technologies & industries. Bringing familiarity with a diversity of tech stacks & domains, this person works strongly in a team environment & communicates effectively. This individual can quickly get up to speed on a team & provide technical assistance & direction wherever needed. This may take the form of providing architectural guidance on new efforts, mentoring teammates, solving difficult problems, & acting wherever needed to keep the team unblocked & working in the right direction.
Their code is refined and reflects industry best practices. They can take loosely defined work and solicit clearer requirements with a definite scope to execute against. Occasionally this solicitation process includes minimalistic implementations to demonstrate potential directions for the project.
Staff Software Engineers have the expertise to avert problems & recognize pitfalls early in planning. When issues occur, they are able to fully analyze the cause & suggest ways to improve in the future. Our Staff Software Engineers always aim for improvement both in processes, code quality, & team training.
- Team Collaboration
- Technological Evangelism
- Requirements Gathering
- C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, WCF, IIS, MSMQ
- MS-SQL Server, T-SQL
- Amazon Web Services
- Git, TeamCity, GitLab CI, Octopus
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration & Analysis Services
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent; Master of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering is a plus but not required
- At least 7 years relevant work experience
- Ability to prioritize tasks & work independently
- Excellent analytical, decision-making & problem solving skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with keen attention to detail