AccuWeather, recognized & documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts & warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries & tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; & offices in New York City & elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities & get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel & AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces & distributes news, weather content, & video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning & propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast Minute by Minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy , the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience & comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 & thousands of other businessines in the U.S. & globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 & is considered the father of modern commercial meteorology. Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker & visionary, has been named the most accurate man in weather by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneurs Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
We are looking for a Scrum Master with a passion for making teams more efficient & productive. The Scrum Master of Mobile Apps should like to guide & coach scrum teams, have good interpersonal skills, & demonstrates the ability to work on multiple Agile projects of varying complexity.This position will facilitate Agile processes for the AccuWeather mobile team, enabling delivery of high quality & customer-focused software.
Remote candidates in Canada & the United States are being considered for this mid-level opportunity.
- Facilitate the Agile process, including Scrum ceremonies, & coach & mentor teams
- Partner with Technology, Product, & Design teams to ensure objectives are met throughout the lifecycle
- Works with stakeholders to identify & clarify priorities & overall roadmap
- Helps determine & maintain overall team velocity & capacity with regards to the project roadmap & planning / prioritization
- Coach one or more Scrum / Kanban teams & help identify solutions to issues raised during retrospectives or throughout the lifecycle
- Spearhead process optimizations based on team performance metrics & other relevant data
- Proactively identify project risks & conflicts & work with management to resolve
- Foster a team environment & troubleshoot to solve conflicts & maintain team effectiveness
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in related discipline with 3 or more years of experience in related field - OR - MS/MA & 2 or more years of experience in related field
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile tools, techniques, principles, & values
- Demonstrated ability to be self-driven with good problem-solving skills; adaptable & proactive
- Good verbal & written communication skills, along with excellent collaboration, reporting, & analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to construct Scrum/Kanban teams & maintain the framework on an on-going basis
- Proven ability to lead & drive teams to conceptualize, develop, & implement concepts using various tools & techniques
- Experience using industry standard Agile tools, such as Jira
- Remote candidates in Canada & the United States are being considered for this opportunity
- In the United States, AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI & WY.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants & existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy & gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law posterhereand its supplementhere. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail email@example.com let us know the nature of your request & your contact information.