NS1s mission is to unlock the potential of DNS to deliver the tech that powers our customers & the world. We are the market leader in DNS & traffic management software & services, & our customers include the biggest properties & largest enterprises on the internet, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Squarespace, Pandora, Imgur, Yelp, Dropbox, & many more. Our modern DNS technologies enable optimized application delivery, couple via our APIs into the tooling & processes of todays DevOps organizations, & deliver reliability & performance at global scale. We operate a worldwide, highly tuned Managed DNS network, & also deliver our technologies to customers as single-tenant software deployments. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
We are looking for a technical content strategist to join our product team. In this role, you will play a critical role in extending NS1s ease-of-use competitive differentiation by providing best in class documentation & technical content. You will lead the creation & implementation of a comprehensive strategy that defines technical content deliverables to support an excellent customer experience & NS1s business objectives. You will be the main contact for all our technical content, create some yourself & work with other stakeholders to help them create their own.
- Interview customers, partners & internal stakeholders to assess requirements & deliver a superior content experience.
- Establish & maintain NS1s technical content strategy.
- Inventory existing content & prioritize delivery of new content. Maintain an ongoing content delivery roadmap.
- Work with stakeholders to create & update content. Own & maintain product documentation & other content.
- Coach & assist others to produce technical content. Work with them to maintain & enhance content for which they are responsible.
- Lead the evaluation & selection process for content production & management solutions.
- Ability to create content strategies that satisfy customer needs & deliver business value.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing clear, concise, & accurate public user documentation & educational material.
- Experience partnering with engineering, operations, product & support teams to create public content.
- Familiar & comfortable with modern infrastructure & technology such as cloud-based services, containers, internet protocols, DevOps tools.
- Ability to transform complex technical topics into engaging, informative & interesting materials.
- Excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills.
- Experience with content management, document authoring, API documentation & other relevant solutions.
- Ability to implement & manage content workflows, & eagerness to advise others on these workflows & content creation best practices.
- Ability to work through ambiguity & competing priorities
- Interest in ongoing learning & continuous process improvement.
Nice to have:
- Experience producing videos which distill complex technical concepts into content easily understood by both technical & non-technical audiences.
Our technology stack at NS1, & the many systems youll have an opportunity to work with here:
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS software thats deployed on physical hardware & an anycasted network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API, & Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection & alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, & DDoS mitigation tools
- Messaging, persistent DB & caching systems
- Other technologies & integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- BGP, BPF/IPTables, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, SQL
- Python (Twisted), Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, D3
- Hadoop/HDFS/OpenTSDB, Grafana, Bosun
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, & libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients & integrations
Working @ NS1
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary & stock options)
- medical, dental, & vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours & time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.