Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, & tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating & energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, & our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a UX Researcher.
What you will do:
- Define & execute on the research roadmap within member product & creator product
- Design, conduct, & present research across key product areas within our creator & member product teams, using the appropriate methods such as surveys, concept testing, usability testing, & in-depth interviews.
- Work with designers, product managers, & engineers to inform product direction based on research findings.
- Partner with data science to pair qualitative context with quantitative insights.
- Present research results & recommendations across the company. Cultivate & improve a culture of research throughout Patreon.
Skills & experience you possess:
- 3+ years of UX research experience, using both qualitative & quantitative methods
- The ability to work with a great degree of autonomy; comfort prioritizing across multiple teams
- Expertise in survey design & analysis
- Excellent facilitation & communication skills
Projects you may work on:
- Research to inform the usability & featureset of our member & creator mobile apps
- Research to understand what data creators need to have accessible to them in order to optimize their campaign & how theyd like Patreon to help them manage their paying members
- Research to understand creator & patron needs & painpoints to inform future strategic product direction
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Learn how to build & grow a product in a rapidly scaling market
- Learn from an energetic team & research-minded cross-functional partners, all of whom are full of passion for our product & our mission
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing & highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, & rewarding.