<intent> isnt your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at <intent> is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality, & passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas, & co-create one of the most human & inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators, valuing & rewarding shared success over individual heroics.
What You Will Do:
We believe that engineers are most effective when they are involved with the whole lifecycle of software development: conceiving new features designing & coding the change, testing, deploying, & support. Youll be performing all these activities as part of a closely collaborating squad. As a senior member of the engineering team, you will be leading technical discovery efforts in collaboration with product managers & switch gears into development to deliver software without much guidance.
<intent> is looking for bright & ambitious software engineers to join our team of thoroughly awesome humans. And dogs :-)
- Youre highly motivated & both a self-starter & a good collaborator
- Youre committed to code quality but also happy working in a fast-paced environment
- You have experience working with a product manager & enjoy technical discovery
- Youre comfortable with ambiguity & building products in a rapidly changing market
- You have experience with at least one of the following backend technologies (Java, Scala, Node.js, Elixir), but you arent dogmatic about tools
- You have experience developing frontend solutions (JS/CSS/ HTML)
- You have experience working with the AWS cloud platform
- You have extensive experience using databases (relational & other)
- You have the flexibility to work on all aspects of delivering working software, including analysis, design, automated testing, operations, CI/CD, cross team collaboration, & support.
- You have 5+ years of experience
<intent> is the data science company for the worlds leading online commerce & travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time & identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intents real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility & ROI.
Our team is over 100 people & our offices span globally. Were headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, & Sao Paulo.
Every day, were inspired by two pursuits. First, were building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, were building the company weve always wanted to work for one thats open, human & collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas & get things done. Were included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list & have been on Crains 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, & we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We dont take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, & so our flat structure & open communication invite innovation from all levels ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, & great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks & snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget & Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals & discounts on hundreds of products & services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!