WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building hardware & software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
WeWork manages hundreds of buildings & serves hundreds of thousands of members around the world. Workspace intelligence is critical for building a community that enhances productivity, encourages innovation, & strengthens collaboration.
Workspace intelligence relies on data how to gather it, how to analyze it, & what to do with the knowledge derived from it. We invest in areas such as pervasive computing, data management, machine learning, & computational social science to understand the environment, the people, as well as how they interact with other. Furthermore, we also analyze data in the digital world: We uncover social dynamics from digital communication including emails, messages & social networks.
- Develop architecture, author PRDs & lead RFQs for new products
- Validate & iterate on layout & schematics
- Drive vendor approvals
- Build & track product schedule through NPI, coordinating with ME, sourcing, packaging, certification, & quality teams
- Interface with firmware resources & incorporate feedback into development plan
- Develop test plans, manufacturing SOPs, & quality processes
- Work with product management & supply chain to coordinate installations
- Cooperate with quality & sourcing through sustaining production
- BS and/or MS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience working with Asia-based manufacturers
- 3+ years in a hardware related role
- Able to travel up to 20% to Taiwan & China
- End-to-end product development on at least one product of reasonable complexity
Nice to have
- Experience developing IoT sensors/devices
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes & build management
- Cultural competence & understanding of Taiwanese & Chinese cultures
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.