Away is seeking a Senior Manager of Transportation to join our growing Logistics team. In this role, you will create & execute strategies that move all of Aways products - inbound from suppliers, between Aways warehouses & retail stores, & to our end customers. You will work closely with key partners to ensure we achieve the optimal balance of speed, cost, quality, service, & sustainability - all while ensuring an amazing experience for our customers. You will be accountable for driving several critical company KPIs, including optimizing freight costs & transit times in an increasingly complex supply chain. The ideal candidate for this role has 5-15 years of strategic experience in transportation and/or freight operations at companies with international supply chain models, & is comfortable iterating on & implementing new processes. This position will report to the Director of Logistics & is based out of our headquarters in Soho, NYC.
What You'll Do:
- Create & continuously iterate on strategies for inbound, inter-facility, & outbound transportation, delivering an amazing experience to our customers. On time. In full. On brand. Every time.
- Manage relationships with freight providers & brokers to maintain & grow a comprehensive & efficient transportation network, both domestically & internationally.
- Negotiate rates & evaluate providers to ensure the most cost-effective network possible while owning strategic decision-making to hit cross-functional timelines.
- Build & lead a team of transportation professionals who are both experts in the fields of transportation, & have a servant's heart where the customer experience comes first.
- Ensure data is always accurate & available, including accounting for inventory as it moves through Aways supply chain from suppliers to warehouses to stores to customers.
- Work closely with Production, Planning, & Fulfillment teams to facilitate a seamless & efficient supply chain where Away is always getting the right inventory to the right place at the right time for our customers.
Who You Are:
- 5-15 years professional experience in transportation or freight operations roles that are both strategic & executional.
- At least 2 years experience managing high-performing operations teams working with a complex network of suppliers & distribution points.
- Metrics oriented & use a data-driven approach to strategy & execution.
- A strong written/oral communicator.
- You are a highly proactive identifier of improvement & optimization opportunities; every time you are introduced to an existing process, you immediately ask is this the single best way to do this for our goals?
- Thrives in a very fast paced environment that requires continual multi-tasking & prioritization.
- Experience with an ERP tool like Netsuite a plus, but not required.
- Excellent project management & organizational skills
- Proven leadership & people management skills & a passion for developing talent
- Love to travel (but thats a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!