The Marketing Manager (Brand Partnerships) will be a key part of the First Look Media (FLM) sales team & will be responsible for the production of go-to-market assets, RFP responses, as well as program execution of sold through branded campaigns.
Within the role you will develop materials & execute partnerships that leverage FLMs unique capabilities including our media platforms, custom content production, original programming, events & talent network.
The ideal candidate must be confident interfacing with a variety of internal teams, leading brainstorms, handling program execution, working in a fast-paced environment & managing multiple projects daily. This position will be based in New York & reports directly to the Vice President, Brand Partnerships & Ad Sales.
- Lead brainstorms to conceptualize innovative marketing solutions for a variety of advertisers.
- Create clear, concise marketing proposals that communicate how our platforms (branded content, OTT, events, & podcasts) will be used to support the clients objectives.
- Work hand-in-hand with the VP, Brand Partnerships & Ad Sales to build out new, proactive offerings to seed to the marketplace.
- Work with internal teams to request & implement design assets, research, & digital extensions.
- Upon deal close, own program execution, leveraging internal & external team-members to fulfill.
Background + Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing / media advertising in the entertainment industry.
- Working knowledge of the online advertising industry.
- Experience with Keynote / PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing & presentation skills (e.g., grammar, structure, storytelling).
- Post-sale execution/project management experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Team-oriented flexible, helpful & able to work well with others.
- Solution-oriented proactive problem solver, quick learner & strategic thinker.
- Ability to multi-task & stay organized in a fast-paced work environment.
- Passion for entertainment.
- Experience in a start-up environment a plus.
Topic is the entertainment studio & ambitious storytelling brand dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award-winning films (Spotlight) to television (Losers), digital (aka Wyatt Cenac) & podcasts (Anthem, Missing Richard Simmons), we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction & nonfiction. Our approach smart, entertaining & meaningful reflects our commitment to discovering & amplifying independent new voices & supporting established ones.
About First Look Media:
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism & documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder & philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture & a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, & Field of Vision, & plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats & platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators & audiences develop, distribute, discover & connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, & LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, & to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.