Bonobos is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer who is excited to work in a cross functional team to help build experiences that surprise & delight our customers.
Bonobos is (proudly) the first born-on-the-Internet men's apparel company in the US & we're (humbly) seeking to reinvent the traditional eCommerce experience. In addition to our website, we pioneered the eCommerce showroom model with the launch of our firstGuideshoplocation in2011, andhave since expanded to 60+ locations across the country (and growing). Our customers are fanatical about ourhigh qualityclothes & our world-class customer service, & were positioned to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop.
We get to the best technical solutions by discussing complex questions as a team. We dont hesitate to change our approach when we hear a better idea. We code review all our changes, pair program when needed & have automated testing that runs with every change. We deploy to production several times a day.
What youll do...
- Work on cross-functional teams composed of Engineers (frontend, backend, iOS, & full stack), a Product Manager & a UX Designer
- Work on our production applications a Rails app (Postgres database), running on Heroku with React/Redux on the frontend
- Ship new experiences to our customers & measure their impact using A/B testing
- Deploy code to production multiple times a day
- Help us figure out engineering solutions that give 80% of the benefit with 20% of the work
- Write automated functional & unit tests
- Have at least 4+ years of full stack experience
- Have seen what works well & what doesnt work well in codebases
- Like being part of a small team composed of UX designers, product managers, frontend/backend/iOS/full stack engineers
- Are excited to learn from those around you & mentor others
- Have experience interacting with business stakeholders & customers directly to get direction & confirm were building useful software
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework is a plus!
- Are a collaborative & close-knit team: our team is NYC-based & in the office because as great as technology is, there are few substitutes for in-person collaboration
- Take pride in our work & share responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment to fixing bugs
- Offer top of the line equipment: your choice of hardware, standing desks, two 27" monitors, & more
- Offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun including book club & Camp Bonobos
- Value honesty, transparency & respect
- Are excited to hear from you