Company Description|Job Description
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
The UI Designer will be responsible for the graphical creation & production of the video games' menus & interfaces. Well organized & structured, the UI Designer must streamline & communicate the relevant information using visual means in order to lead the player through a gratifying gaming experience. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Art Director, the game's creator, & the Programming department.
- Conceive & create the visual content associated with a game's menus & interfaces;
- Create the menus' flow, layout, & assets;
- Participate in meetings in order to share ideas & knowledge;
- Complete research & gather data before taking on a new task in order to insure efficient management & reaching the objectives through a proper understanding of the game's graphical requirements, by having at hand the necessary reference material, & by clearly understanding the artistic direction & the technical requirements;
- Work in close collaboration with the programming team.
- Diploma in Graphic Design or related area;
- 2 to 5 years of experience in graphic design (or equivalent), more specifically in the development of interfaces & menu stylization;
- Master of Adobe Suite;
- Strong experience designing UI & UX for videogames;
- Have a good understanding of typography, colour theory, layout design, & animation;
- Creative, autonomous, ability to adapt to requests;
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary group;
- Able to clearly identify interface strength & weaknesses;
- Passionate about video games;
- Having some knowledge of 3D modeling & web design is considered an asset;
- Experience with the Unity Engine is a plus.