TheAssociate Product Manager, Search is responsible forsupporting Jet.com & Walmart.com search products.
- Align product execution with larger product strategy & have deep understanding of how the product delivers value to the customer & business metrics
- Support quarterly roadmap planning, & interface directly with stakeholders across the organization including Design, Engineering, Merchandizing, Data Science, Retail, or any other party you determine to be an important stakeholder to the product to secure both resources & alignment of goals
- Work diligently to maintain strong communication & productive collaboration with partners & set up partners for success
- Coach less experienced team members & provide feedback to enhance skills, knowledge, & work performance
- Formulate & prioritize the problem statement(s) to solve for, drive discovery, & partner with relevant stakeholders to create, conduct, & analyze product discovery plans. Execute discovery in order to establish value, usability, feasibility & stakeholder buy-in.
- Write excellent acceptance criteria & user stories while collaborating with PMs/Engineering to communicate cross-function & cross-team. Understands & uses Jira process as defined by Tech Excellence.
- Partner with PMs & Engineering to launch scoped feature(s) against agreed-upon timeline. Escalate scope creep & timeline risks to more senior PM. Delivered features have measurable impact on given KPIs.
- Understand & monitor relevant business metrics for product, using existing dashboards or create simple ones of your own. Propose success metrics, A/B tests & user research to validate experience & use data to back up proposed feature work. On an on-going basis, communicate KPIs with partners & alert them to pattern shifts.
- Through both formal presentations & influence, communicate with partners the findings from the discovery process, progress towards launch, & the impact of the launch & A/B tests on the customer & the business. Solicitate feedback from key stakeholders before sharing.
- Develop expertise in product; stay current with competitors products; conduct user research with competitive websites to gain customer-level insights on the strengths & weaknesses of the competition
- Continually challenge yourself to learn more & grow the scope of your role
- Lead by example, contribute to our values & adhere to our high standard of performance
- Have no problem jumping into analytics, operations, debugging, QA, or any other area the team may need you
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Ability to think critically & analytically
- Highly organized & detail oriented, with a strong ability to establish priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Fun, creative, team-oriented personality
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while working independently & in teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & deadline driven environment
- Bachelor's Degree & 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Strong technical understanding & ability to learn a highly technical role quickly
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with relational databases & SQL
- Valid experience in R or Python
- Familiarity with Adobe Analytics, Looker, REST APIs, Postman
- Experience with & knowledge of a Search Platform (like Elasticsearch or Apache Solr) & Natural Language Processing
About the Retail Core Engine:
Our team builds the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories & fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. As a product owner within the Retail Core Engine youll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers at the worlds largest retailer. Youll be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. Youll work in close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, & navigate to deliver through any set of constraints.
As the backbone of Walmarts US E-Commerce Retail Business youll have exposure to:
- Thousands of Suppliers who rely on our technology to maximize their performance.
- Millions of customers who shop on Walmarts US-Ecommerce Properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com & more).
- A diverse set of leaders who represent the best & brightest in omni-channel commerce.
- All aspects of the lifecycle that powers a multi-billion dollar business partner experience, supply chain, product catalog, search, tooling, consumer experience.
- The ability to influence the direction of one of the worlds largest companies. The only constraint is your vision & passion to execute.
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, & mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build & invest in new technology including open source tools & big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, & most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime & anywhere using online, mobile, social & stores. Walmarts mission is to become the smartest way to shop & save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology & fulfillment platform, & incredible customer service, weve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.