Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com,www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.ukand www.refinery29.defor more information & to browse content.
About the team:
The Branded Photo team creates branded content for Refinery29 in collaboration with outside Brand Partners. This team works to concept, produce & art direct photo assets that combine our brand partner's marketing objective & the Refinery29 mission & voice.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility & turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do:
Refinery29 is looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, proactive, & creative Senior Photo Editor to contribute to a fast-paced branded photo department. This position will work closely with the Executive Photography Director & Creative Direction Team to lead image production & direction across verticals from fashion, beauty, fitness, luxury, etc. A keen interest, as well as experience in fashion editorial, is required. This person is equal parts a creative visionary & an expert producer.
- Be the key stake-holder on creative for the projects that you are assigned
- Concepting & presenting creative treatments to clients
- Assembling creative teams for photo shoots, including photographers, hair, makeup, & stylists
- Coordinating shoot timelines & communicating with all, including talent
- Art directing photo shoots on set & handling image selection in the post
- Tracking & reconciling budgets
- Managing, training & mentoring junior staff
- Bringing in new contributors to the industry
- Concepting photo ideas & packages for pre-sale
- Job duties may change as per business needs
What you have:
- Production experience in an editorial or advertising photo department (preferably having worked on Branded Content or Art Buying previously)
- Must have equal parts experience & enthusiasm in producing photo shoots as well creatively concepting art direction
- Significant on set experience (preferably with clients)
- Must be proficient in Photoshop & be able to do basic retouching, color correcting & layouts
- Familiar with production processes, production vendors, & creative teams working in the fashion, beauty, & lifestyle industries
- Quick thinking & resourceful; with the capability to prioritize & be held accountable for multiple projects with fast turn-around times
- Excellent communication skills, extremely organized & collaborative
- Must have a positive attitude & be a team player
- Passion for photography & staying relevant to trends & social platforms
- A strong network of industry relationships
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable with aligning multiple brand missions under one creative vision
- Must have a passion for advertising
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries & be a thought leader