HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, & security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines & virtual machines, Windows, & Linux, SaaS & IaaS, etc.
About the role...
As a Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer at HashiCorp, you will work in a high performance team environment to drive business development & sales growth by providing technical expertise around Development Operations specifically in the context of multiple technical (development. operations, & security) & executive audiences.
In this role you can expect to...
- Lead as a domain expert in Development Operations to the sales team & technical lead on strategic client relationships in large Financial Services, Healthcare, Web, Retail & other industry verticals
- Lead pre-sales engineering activities including technical discovery, technical value proposition, architectural guidance, sales campaign support & ongoing client relationships
- Ability to provide expert guidance on Development Operations (DevOps) concepts with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, & development technologies & processes
- Establish & maintain a deep understanding of the overall HashiCorp technology portfolio & the competitive landscape
- Help foster an environment for ongoing strategic customer success
- Work closely with key client executive decision makers on product evaluations & proof of concepts to ensure the solutions/products meets client objectives
- Actively assist other Sales teams in pre-sales engineering responsibilities
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 5+ years Technical Pre-Sales / Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience - practitioners are welcome as well
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in understanding concepts & technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, & scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault & others
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large & dynamic enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic / team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Domestic & occasionally international travel required
HashiCorp embraces diversity & equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-RU1