Meet CarGurusthe #1 most visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
About the Role
The Data Analyst for Industry Analytics brings strong technical & analytical skills & curiosity to support & inform Industry Analytics & its partners Sales & PR through communications & storytelling. You will enjoy problem solving with logical & simple solutions guided by an insatiable appetite for deconstructing data. A natural self-starter, you will manage numeroustasks & projects concurrently, meet ongoing & overlapping deadlines withinshort time constraints, & deliver high quality results.
What Youll Do:
- Mine & analyze internal & external data sourcesincludinglarge datasets of operational & transactional datato surface
- Track meaningful market insights including pricing & inventory trends, trends in shopper behavior & preferences, & other industry intelligence
- Design & develop methods, processes & reporting formats that generate insights enabling efficient responses to data inquires & effective sharing of data with non-analysts
- Partner actively with PR team to analyze, interpret & communicate data insights & inform compelling stories to generate both consumer & trade media coverage
- Opportunity to provide commentary for the media, including participation in press interviews & development/vetting of press quotes as needed
- Collaborate with the larger CGData Analytics Working Group to uncover andresolve data integrity issues & contributeto cross company data initiatives
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required, Masters in a related field preferred (Economics, Math, or Statistics)
- 3-5 years of experience in an analyst role
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & scripting languages such as SQL & Python, familiarity with Snowflake or a similar data warehouse
- Understanding of applied statistical methods
- Insatiable curiosity to dig in to uncover & interpret emerging data insights; passion to explore & determine the implications of data, not just the factual answers to questions
- Ability to adapt methods & queries to account for incomplete or inconsistent data
- Ability to understand internal database architecture & industry indicators to effectively adapt queries & analysis to produce high-integrity findings
- Working knowledge of various data analysis & reporting tools (e.g., Looker, or similar businessintelligence tools)
- Ability to work independently & in a group, with an outstanding ability to interpret data & tell a story
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.