Stack Overflow is a public platform that serves 100 million people every month, making it one of the 50 most popular websites in the world. Our asynchronous knowledge management & collaboration offering Stack Overflow for Teams, is transforming how people work.
Monthly visitors to our network
Questions asked to-date
Average time between new questions
Times a developer got help
Customer companies for all products
Founded in 2008, Stack Overflows public platform is used by nearly everyone who codes to learn, share their knowledge, collaborate, & build their careers.
Our products & tools help developers & technologists in life & at work. These products include Stack Overflow for Teams, Stack Overflow Advertising, & Stack Overflow for Talent and Jobs.
Stack Overflow for Teams, our core SaaS collaboration product, is helping thousands of companies around the world as they transition to remote work, address business continuity challenges, & undergo digital transformation.
Whether it is on Stack Overflow or within Stack Overflow for Teams, Community is at the center of all that we do.
As the Director of Global Talent Acquisition at Stack Overflow you will report directly to the Chief People Officer. In this role you will play an active role in building the programs & processes to power Stack Overflows growth for the future. This position will have critical responsibility for driving the success for hiring globally. This role will be responsible for recruiting for key positions throughout the organization, as well as leading Stack Overflows Talent Acquisitions teams. You will determine the strategic direction & key objectives of the recruiting department, which in turn supports Stack Overflows growth. You will also work to maintain & enhance our culture & high talent quality standards. Partnering with leadership, you will work to build strong relationships to quickly deliver results in a rapidly & constantly evolving environment.
What Youll Do:
- Actively participate in recruiting for key positions globally across the organization. In this role you will manage up to 10-15 requisitions in addition to other responsibilities.
- Lead a global Talent Acquisition team that promotes a positive, high-performing, innovative & growth-oriented environment. Establish clear goals for both team performance & personal development.
- Build & maintain strong relationships across the Ttalent Aacquisition team, ensuring that we are thinking holistically about talent from early career to executive, internal mobility, & capable of telling the complete talent story.
- Invest in the team's core skills of business acumen, long term candidate nurturing, client management & operational excellence, to ensure we deliver a consistent high-quality experience for candidates & hiring teams.
- Develop high trust relationships with Stack Overflow Leaders & our Corporate Strategy & Development team to deeply understand long term business objectives & uncover longer term leadership skill gaps that we may be unable to develop internally.
- Partner with & listen to cross-functional stakeholders to increase stakeholder satisfaction. Ensure commitments are met, set appropriate recruiting expectations (metrics & goal setting for recruiters), & respond to stakeholder needs.
- Champion diversity & inclusion in all aspects of the recruitment process, from content of job descriptions, training for hiring teams, formulation of interview panels as well as candidate experience leading into measurable improvement in availability & selection of diverse candidates.
- Focus on operational excellence including investment in the tools & processes that provide for durable talent pool curation across the function. Increase the consistency & quality of reporting to provide clear insight into search progress.
- Ensure that career sites reflect Stack Overflows culture & promotes our open positions accurately in the marketplace.
- Provide data-driven leadership that supports the organization with actionable insights to enable data-driven decisions.
- Oversee employer branding strategy & initiatives, with the vision to position Stack Overflow as an employer of choice in the external talent marketplace.
- Review & refine Talent Acquisition programs & policies, including internal hiring practices, employee referral program, & interviewer training.
What Youll Need to Have::
- BA/BS in HR, Business, or related fields, or commensurate experience.
- 12+ years of experience working in a senior recruiting position in a fast-paced & highly competitive business
- A proven & successful experience managing full-cycle recruiting processes consisting of sourcing, screening, on-boarding, & business partnering
- Experience directly managing recruiters & team building, leading to the acquisition of the best talents in the market
- Exceptional leadership skills, demonstrating an ability to influence & work collaboratively with leadership & executives & to drive a cross-functional team in an aligned direction
What youll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary & Commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, & unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely. Well reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office Youll be in our headquarters in New York City, & enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, & all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.