At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an energetic team-player, with a strong background in operations to join our Bike & Scooters team. You will work with our local bike & scooter markets to manage front-line process control & process optimization of our front-of-house & depot-based service delivery operations. You will also be a skilled manager who can easily lead a team of leads & associates from a centralized role to support our local markets & their contract operating partners in achieving process excellence & best-in-class operations.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Managing a team of four that is responsible for front line process control over front-of-house service delivery processes & depot operations, which includes:
- Deployment & collection of bikes, scooters & other future rideable platforms
- In-field battery swapping operations for platforms with motor assist components
- Customer-facing valet operations
- Depot organization & flow
- Spare parts inventory management at depots & maintenance facilities
- Battery charging & integrity management, including inspections, testing & general life-cycle management
- Managing a quality assurance program to assess process compliance across all local markets in all functions & ensure sustainable corrective actions are put in place by our operators
- Standing up local market feedback loops to support knowledge-sharing & opportunities for process optimization
- Ensuring safety protocols are in place & observed
- Partnering with engineering, operations, & external operators to achieve business line objectives & key results, while monitoring supporting KPIs to assess overall local market health
- 7+ years of operations experience involving human & physical processes, ideally in an environment heavily dependent on front line workforces
- 3+ years leading a team of direct reports & individual contributors
- Excellent cross-functional collaborator & partner, you find win-wins for all parties
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp complex problems, with communication skills to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Ideal candidates will have some combination of the following attributes:
- Experience in lean, six sigma, 5S (or similar systems), including direct implementation experience
- Fluency in operational KPIs, including the ability to determine root-cause drivers of positive & negative trends. Experience with 5-whys, Fishbone, FMEA, or other root cause tools
- Warehouse management & optimization experience, including spare parts management in the transportation sector
- Experience in field services, including operations that involve technicians
- Ability to travel 25-30%
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.