BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed, the media company for the social age, is hiring a Senior Analyst whose focus will be on the implementation & analysis of advertising effectiveness studies for sponsored content across our distributed network & across devices.
This role requires both strategic & tactical skill sets with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, & a strong command of digital & social media. The candidate must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses & have the ability to convert data into actionable insights & recommendations for our clients.
- Manage all parts of the research project cycle: design research questionnaires; support, document & manage client based projects; collaborate with internal operations on the implementation & management of research programs, including quality assurance; interpret data, write reports, & make actionable recommendations; present findings to account teams & potentially to clients
- Showcase results & distribute knowledge in a concise manner
- Develop expertise across client verticals to be able to scope & execute analyses that delivers insight that ties back to the business & assists with vertical development
- Develop strong working relationships with internal clients & assist in handling client-facing interactions that involve deep education sessions & recaps
- Develop deep understanding of all vendors & offerings we leverage to be able to work cross-department to match appropriate research with clients
- Innovate methods for measuring the brand impact of new BuzzFeed products, services, & media tactics, especially BuzzFeeds first-party data suite - Lighthouse
- Draft & update internal materials around offerings & training
- Work on ad hoc requests as needed
- A strong understanding of methodology, data & systems from a broad range of research providers, including emerging tools & methods
- Expertise in online research, campaign effectiveness, online recruitment, audience measurement, & market research is a must. Prior experience working with vendors such as Kantar Millward Brown, Prodege, DISQO, Dynata, MetrixLab, Brand Metrics, Placed, Nielsen DBE (Vizu), etc.
- Experience developing surveys based on specific objectives & in analyzing raw data through the output of survey tools
- Ability to take the data beyond the facts to what it means & why we should care
- Ability to analyze & translate data-based findings into clear, relevant insights & express those insights with passion & brevity, both visually & verbally
- Advanced knowledge of Excel a must. Intermediate PowerPoint or Keynote skills
- Proven ability to design, manage & prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- A proven track record of strong interpersonal skills & successful teamwork & collaboration
- Knowledge of native advertising & current trend in the digital marketplace
- 3-5 years of experience in research & data analysis
- Degree in Marketing Research or equivalent experience in statistics, marketing or psychology
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.