Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilios Security Operations (SecOps) team is responsible for detecting & responding to all security incidents on Twilios complex global network. Cyber Security Analysts support this mission by working across the organization to identify & collect useful sources of data, understand security architectures & capabilities, oversee our holistic vulnerability management program, & lead our incident response efforts.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional Cyber Security Analyst who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of monitoring networks on a global scale & documenting security issues. They also have:
- 4+ years in an analyst, IT support, Security Operations Center, preferably at a technology company, & in a PaaS or SaaS environment
- Ability to follow runbooks, troubleshoot technical issues, & recognize & identify patterns
- Linux command line skills, as well as programming or scripting experience
- An ambition to learn & develop new skills in Security
- Commitment to sharing experiences & good security practices with colleagues & the community
- Contributions to free, open-source software projects
- AWS, GCP, or other large cloud platform experience
As a Cyber Security Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Conducting daily operations tasks including monitoring logs for anomalous (or malicious activity), investigating alerts, & triaging events
- WRITE IT DOWN: Developing inter- & intra-team practices for detection, forensics, & general security
- BE AN OWNER: Engaging with cross-functional partners to identify & understand new data sources, tune false positives, & centralize data in aggregation platforms
- BE AN OWNER: Assisting internal investigations around employee misconduct & external investigations related to Twilios infrastructure & services
- DONT SETTLE: Utilize & improve our use of security tools such as: DDoS mitigation, intrusion detection, log aggregation, forensic collection, & WAF products
- DRAW THE OWL: Contributing to the development of our in-house security automation framework
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind, doing the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline & technical leadership... And thats where you fit in!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.